Aselo is a software platform for child helplines around the world. We build the software that enables helpline counselors to support children in crisis. A key part of an Aselo-based helpline is integration with local telecom carriers to provide a seamless experience for people who access the helpline via voice or SMS. We are looking for a program manager in a part-time (50%) capacity who can drive these integrations forward.
In this role you will:
- When a helpline adopts Aselo as its new contact center platform, drive integration of voice and SMS as part of a successful launch. Coordinate with Aselo staff, local telecoms, the helpline, and technical experts to ensure a smooth transition.
- Where needed, find and manage regional technical experts to carry out implementations. We expect to have implementations on six continents in 2023.
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance and success of these implementations once helplines are live, and build a scalable process for handling accelerating growth.
You could be a great candidate for this role if you:
- Have project management experience with VoIP integrations, especially Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC) integrations using SIP, preferably with some of that experience outside North America and Europe
- Have sufficient technical knowledge about VoIP technologies such as Asterisk, Kamailio, SBCs and SIP trunking to work effectively with engineers and technical experts
- Are highly organized and capable of managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Possess organizational savvy: the ability to get things done working with multiple parties in complex organizations
- Align with the Tech Matters values of Impact, Empathy, and Collaboration and its social impact mission
It would be great, but not necessary, if you:
- Have experience specifically working with Twilio products and/or Amazon Web Services (Aselo runs on top of these services)
- Have experience setting up VoIP technologies in more than one region of the world
- Speak one or more major languages in addition to English
The position is entirely remote, though you can expect travel up to 20% of your time for in-person team events and customer visits. You can be based anywhere in the Americas, or in Europe or Africa provided you are willing to do evening calls with the rest of the team. You can also expect occasional calls outside of normal working hours in order to talk with partners around the world.
As this position involves international business travel, COVID-19 vaccinations are required. Travel will likely include countries where vaccinations or prophylaxis is recommended by health authorities (for example, yellow fever vaccination or anti-malarials).
Intended compensation is roughly US$30 to $60 per hour. This is intended to be near-market compensation for those in less expensive locales, or perhaps a "low bono" charitable role for those in more expensive locales.