About software Engineer Role
We’re looking for a talented and passionate engineer to realize our mission to accelerate the adoption of an internet financial system. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
What you’ll achieve:
- Create trustworthy user experiences that are simple, intuitive, and reliable
- Build, test, and ship new user-facing code in modern tools, including reusable components and frontend libraries
- Translate designs, wireframes, and business requirements into high-quality code
- Own product features from specification to shipping
What you bring:
- 3+ year of professional experience building interfaces in React, Redux, and ES6
- Work well autonomously and can drive strong culture at early stage startups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and can collaborate effectively on a breadth of technical topics
- 3 hour time zone difference of US Pacific Time and comfortable working in a distributed environment
Even better if you have:
- A passion for DeFi and/or crypto
- Demonstrable knowledge of blockchain technology
- Have experience building the Web3 stack
- Have knowledge of Typescript paired with React/Redux.
- Prior experience with building interfaces for financial applications
Don’t check all the boxes? No problem. We’re passionate about building a diverse team, so if you think you’ve got what it takes—apply anyway. While we have a good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join Set and not another DeFi protocol?
- Be part of a protocol that puts users safety and risk management first. Set takes great pride in never having been exploited, and being trusted by leading voices in the space
- Directly impact the premier DeFi asset management protocol, helping us get to the next $500MM TVL, 50K users and beyond
- Learn the ins and outs of the entire DeFi ecosystem due to our continuous integration with leading protocols like Uniswap, 0x, Aave, Compound and Perpetual Protocol for the development of new innovative products
- Become part of a tight-knit team that continuously prioritizes growth, learning
- Collaborate Empathetically: Be caring to customers / partners, understand people’s actions and what they’re going to need; We proactively understand where people are coming from and try to understand why they do what they do. We recognize that each entity we interact with are human beings. We’re not beneath doing anything, willing to do anything to help others and for us to succeed
- Deliver Results: Deliver with the right quality and in a timely fashion; We apply judgment to ensure we focus on results vs. process; We think strategically and articulate what we are and are not trying to do
- No Rugging: Express information in a clear and accurate way without disguising its unpleasantness. Be open, trustworthy, and truthful; Hide no secrets; Do not leave others abruptly in a problematic or difficult situation. If you say you are going to do something, it is assumed you will complete it unless you otherwise communicate.
- Think Like a Scientist: Create hypothesis, try proving / disproving them, always willing to run experiments and change our minds, intellectual honesty, accepting the brutal truth, keeping an open mind, learn to unlearn / relearn
Benefits of working at Set
We believe people do their best work when they are healthy and happy. At Set, we offer:
- Competitive salaries and equity compensation
- Flexible vacation time
- Health and dental insurance.
- A flexible remote-friendly work environment
We’re passionate about personal development and providing the resources you need to grow including company offsites, industry conferences and access to online courses or anything else you feel would help you to level up.