About Social Media Lead Role
We are looking for someone who gets social media. Don’t feel ashamed about your screen time on Twitter anymore. Make it your job instead! Do you like to sit down, read the news, and browse trends? Don’t be so hard on yourself! You’re advancing your career!
But really, we think there’s an acute type of intelligence that comes with being able to garner a following and entertain people. And if you have it, we want you on our team.
On top of social skills, we are looking for candidates who are interested in the future and the people building it. We want to amplify these builders, pull them into our community, and be a positive force for getting people excited about tech and innovation.
What you'll do:
- Take over the On Deck Twitter, LinkedIn and run with it. We want you to be bold but also be wise. Thinking a few steps ahead in terms of responses is essential, and remember to pass content through the filter of “if I saw this online, would I want to engage with it?”
- Explore new social media platforms – Clubhouse, YouTube – to establish.
- Create entertaining content that reflects our core values and brand voice.
- Ideate and execute content series for On Deck.
- Respond to and engage with fans and skeptics alike. This also means being judicious about when to respond and when to hold off.
- Create opportunistic posts that capitalize on trends.
- Engage with high-profile founders and operators to bolster the On Deck brand.
- Define and report on social media KPIs to Go-to-market leadership
- Start as an Individual Contributor and work with the Brand team to hire freelancers as needed.
- Execute on a first content project.
- Shape the image of On Deck on key social channels such as Twitter. This is arguably our most important marketing tactic. We know you’ll kill it!
What this is not:
- This is not a customer service role. While you will engage with customers and the community, your main focus is great content and the ability to navigate anything that comes your way.
- This is not a design role. Don’t worry, we have people for that if you need them.
- While we love it when our team members champion the On Deck brand, we will not try to commandeer your personal brand.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Keith Rabois, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. ( Read more about our Series A in this memo)
Why You Might *Not* Be Excited About Us
- We are a young company with about 150 people, so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early-stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, you can take any PTO you need, anytime you need, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.