About the Senior Software Engineer Role
What You'll Do
You'll be part of our Engineering team, working on business critical applications with real customers around the world. You'll be part of a team of Software Engineers, focused on delivering for our customers, helping solve problems and supporting the growth and development of your colleagues.
You'll take ownership of your work and you'll be a catalyst within the engineering team for cleaner code, better tests, more scalable solutions. True to our company values of Always Improving and Built on Team, we're all about collaboration and our teams review and test each other's code, provide feedback regularly and share best practice.
You will be responsible for:
- Writing code that sets the standard for quality and maintainability.
- Collaborating with your team as well as the Customer Success and Product teams to seek an understanding of the business context of the customer, anticipating and building according to strategic drivers for the customer's business environment.
- Working with key stakeholders effectively to make make well-reasoned design and technical decisions, identifying potential risks and tradeoffs.
- Driving and facilitating discussion around complex technical issues.
- Planning and executing projects with complex requirements.
- Sharing technical context and direction and making pragmatic choices about tackling technical debt.
- Proactively identifying and resolving issues outside of your immediate team where necessary.
- Providing guidance to teams on effectively breaking down tasks and estimating.
- Championing clean code principles and test driven development.
- Providing insightful and comprehensive code reviews.
- Taking initiative to own and resolve issues on behalf of your team, bringing team members (and others team members if needed) together to solve problems.
- Sharing knowledge of software architecture and development techniques with colleagues and the broader organization.
Technologies We Use
We use Python for all new server-side code, running in the Flask framework. We use a variety of other technologies for example MySQL, React, and GraphQL. If you have have experience in similar technologies such as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java, or Node.js and are willing to pick up our stack, please apply! We believe a diverse range of backgrounds strengthens our team.
What You'll Get
- Enjoy working as part of a talented team where everyone’s input is valued
- An unrivaled work/life balance – you work a 4-day, 32-hour, week but get paid for 5 days!
- Generous annual leave package
- Great tools – MacBook, 27” monitor, mechanical keyboard etc
- Flexible working schedule
- Entirely private and confidential access to our resident therapist