About the Backend Engineer Role
Zigah is looking for an experienced, fast-moving backend software engineer who loves building scalable architecture and solving complex data problems. Stack; NextJS, Node JS, Postgress, Mongo
- Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Define and develop back end services and APIs to support new features and further enhancements
- Involve in performing quality control and monitoring such as integration, testing, and preparing technical documentation
- Share the knowledge and enthusiasm for software engineering techniques with the rest of the team
- An ability to write high-quality code quickly, with a bias towards shipping.
- 4+ years (or equivalent side projects) developing scalable backend and data architectures
- Examples of 0-to-1 backend/systems problems you've solved.
- Proficiency with NextJS, Node JS, Postgress, MongoDB
- Understanding of using CI/CD pipelines for building and deploying applications
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding/Interest in Fintech/Banking products such as financial exchange, cards or e-wallets, etc. is a plus
What do you stand to gain?
- Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary
- 6 months contract with an option to extend and renegotiate
- Fully-paid Premium Plan medical coverage
- Flexible working hours