About The Senior Backend Developer Role
As a senior backend developer, you’ll be more than just a coder. You'll collaborate with a talented team on interesting problems, and receive mentorship to improve your craft. Our goal is to provide you with the experience to work anywhere in the world and a culture that makes you choose to stay.
That culture begins with hiring. We’ll never ask you to a whiteboard interview. We value your time, so we’ll ask you to submit a PR for an issue from our codebase, give you support and feedback to make iterations, and pay you to complete it. We’re the only company we know of who does hires in this way and we're pretty proud of it.
- Build software to help people work together more meaningfully
- Use the latest tools like K8S, Redis, GraphQL, Postgres
- Architect integrations with popular project planning tools (Atlassian, GitHub, Slack, etc.)
- Design a world-class video experience for live and async sharing
- Build a public GraphQL API for the world to use
- Strong technical writing (your tech blog > your degree)
- A history of open-source contributions (links to PRs a plus)
- 3+ years experience writing Typescript
- 3+ years working on an Agile team with a perspective on how teams work together
- Competitive salary and early-stage equity in a successful startup in the hottest remote work industry
- A clean, modern, open-source codebase
- No daily stand-ups and plenty of time for deep work
- Flexible scheduling and travel. Many of us were world travelers until recently
- An inclusive team of curious and purposeful people on a mission to improve how work gets done
- An Equal Opportunity Employer. We founded Parabol to help build stronger teams by empowering members to be their authentic selves. Our company is no exception.
- For US employees, healthcare & benefits that are aligned with top industry standards
Even if you don't feel that you meet all the criteria we encourage you to apply.
During our hiring process, we take into account your growth potential, not just your prior achievements.