About the Researcher Role
We are looking for an experienced user researcher to execute rigorous, creative, impactful evaluative research, on our Central Evaluative Research Team. CERT supports research across Dropbox, in close collaboration with embedded researchers and cross-functional partners.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through 1:1 interviews, usability, concept testing, facilitating customer meet-ups, some (light) survey programming.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and live presentations.
- Provide guidance and oversight to cross-functional partners who are conducting their own research.
- Potential for some program management activities, supporting programs that enable our Product and Design partners to learn directly from users.
- Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with research design, utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- 2 years of relevant work experience within User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
- Experience in a variety of product spaces, applied research and/or academic settings.
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings with cross functional partners to drive impact.
- Interest and/or experience teaching or guiding others on the basic principles of effective evaluative research.
This is a full-time contractor role. We encourage candidates from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds to apply. If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.