About the Marketing & Communications Role
This role brings together traditional product marketing and communications skills to drive adoption for key products and features, foster merchant success, and engender trust in Simpu as the best platform of SMBs.
You will be required to have a blend of strategic communications and marketing backgrounds and experience collaborating with both technical and creative teams. You are a fantastic writer with a sharp eye for messaging and positioning, as well as a deep understanding of email marketing, social, and in-product channels.
- Own positioning and launch communications plans for new features, products and corporate/community updates.
- Establish engagement and business goals for key announcements and campaigns. Work with the management team to develop KPI and measurement frameworks.
- Develop campaigns, draft messaging frameworks and positioning decks, and oversee communications execution (including writing, creative, etc).
- Identify key audiences and segments to focus on, and build plans that support these goals.
- Work with distribution partners to define editorial approach and messaging, then manage campaign-related feedback to the business to inform decision making
- Develop proactive and reactive communications plans
- Work with product owners to report out on key reach and engagement metrics as well as relevant business metric announcement-specific and ongoing.
- Oversee creative collaboration between product design, content strategy, community and marketing teams
You might be a fit if:
- 3-5+ years experience in marketing or communications, at a tech company or startup. Experience in platform or community-driven businesses is a plus
- Best-in-class verbal and written communicator. Strong writing background and editorial acumen a must
- Versed in product strategy, design and development principles and processes
- Worked at a creative agency and may have led creative production
- Conducted, synthesized and applied user insights, research and testing to marketing strategy