About the Design Role
The Head of Design is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of their design and creative output. It's a leadership role, with accountability for online and offline design output and the success of the design and creative department. You will ensure the design and creative deliverables are aligned to stakeholder expectations and executed within budget and deadlines. It will involve you using your best practice toolkit to implement new processes and practices to improve the efficiency of the design and creative department.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will provide a creative vision not just for the design team but the whole organization. At times, they require you to develop visual designs, and at other times, be responsible for recruiting and managing multi-disciplinary third party suppliers as well as internal design resources.. You will also:
- Managing the design team and freelancers as required and helping in the development of their people.
- Influencing design-led thinking across the business
- Lead concept development in relation to design and creative outputs
- Take a lead role in managing the design and creative elements of projects and be the point of contact for brand partnerships and creative projects
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance their brand and proposition strategy
- Develop and manage productivity and continuously improve the design team’s production capabilities
- Ensuring that design and creative projects are delivered on time
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production
- Establishing and developing best practices with the design and creative team
- Working with other team members to deliver projects and activity to deliver against deadlines
- Point of contact for liaising with external partners, such as videographers
- Build out and maintain design system & brand book
- Working on assets required for Product and Marketing teams
How Important are you to the bottom line?
- They’re aiming for nothing short of absolutely delighting their customers and are looking for someone with the vision, creativity and design experience to take them there.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the job
- You will deploy your exceptional leadership and team management skills to manage a team of product & brand designers to work towards an aligned goal. They hold their values very highly and lookout for people that embody the same values and make a great cultural fit.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of online and offline design work
- The ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process
- Ability to lead design projects from concept to completion
- Ability to supervise and develop employees
- Experience with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and Sketch
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Understanding of both web and traditional media
- Experience working with Product and Marketing teams
- Experience in branding
- What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive Salary
- They play competitively in the Nigerian market for the matched experience and role.
- Amazing work culture and a company that truly cares about creating the best and most fun place to work.