TeamApt is a financial technology company digitizing Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
About The Role
TeamApt is looking for a Enterprise Architect who will assume ownership of their IT infrastructure. You'll take charge of overseeing, improving, and upgrading the IT networks in an organization to help guide its informational architecture.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Translates product requirements into architectural documents and diagrams
- Maintains architectural documents and ensures it is always updated to reflect the current state of the application.
- Makes architectural decisions with respect to any feature that’s to be added to an application
- Ensures that the architectural direction of an application is in line with the strategic direction of the product.
- Performs code reviews and ensures efficient code engineering
- Ensures applications are implemented using software engineering best practice
- Responsible for the stability and reliability of products under his/her purview
- Creates and enforces processes that improves developer efficiency and productivity
- Participates in the screening of engineers for hire
- Provides mentorship for young engineers.
How important are you to the bottom line?
The ideal candidate will take charge of upkeep and maintenance of Teamapt's IT networks and services.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
This is a leadership role where you will be required to set the direction and establish the approach of an company's operations, improve their IT infrastructure, and optimize their business operations.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- At least 5 years proven experience as a Software Architect or Lead Software Engineer
- Experience in software development and coding in Java Programming Language
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Minimum of post secondary school qualification/diploma
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with
- Java (latest versions)
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Docker and Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elastic search
- Microservices architecture on AWS
What do you stand to gain?
- Culture --They put their people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. They have built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. They value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, they are human.
- Learning - They have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance,, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A take-home coding exercise.
- A technical panel interview session with the Engineering Team
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.