About The Customer Support Manager Role
Why this job is exciting
As a Customer Support Manager, you will lead our exceptional high agency, all-remote customer support team to resolve technical issues and answer technical/product questions in a way that feels (reasonably) effortless for our customers. Our generous compensation philosophy, and your ability to hire from anywhere, will give you the unique opportunity to continue attracting the best talent in the world.
Within one month:
- You will start building a trusting relationship with your direct team and peers.
- You will understand our product, value proposition, organizational structure, and how we work together.
- You will understand the what, why, and how of what our team is working on and how that work contributes to our company goals.
- You will build a better understanding of our be welcoming and inclusive value by reading Pamela Fuller’s book The Leader’s Guide to Unconscious Bias and sharing your thoughts about it with your manager.
Within three months:
- You will have a trusting relationship with your direct team and are able to connect their work to their own career goals.
- Your peers in product, engineering, and customer engineering are enthusiastic to work with you because you reliably follow-through with your commitments.
- Run an evaluation of our metrics and processes and propose recommendations for improvement.
Within six months:
- You will have improved planning, communication, hiring, and onboarding processes to help the team scale as we grow.
- You will celebrate the fact that your org has delivered key results in support of their objectives for the year.
- Nurture and grow your direct team, seeing results in their engagement, customer satisfaction, and team performance.
Within one year:
- You will have hired and retained exceptional people to make our team even more representative of the world’s population.
- You will collaborate with leadership to develop the next set of ambitious goals that your org should work towards.
You are an experienced and visionary people-driven leader who has the skills to effectively drive progress toward our organization’s ambitious and technically challenging objectives. You are strongly aligned with our values, inspired by our mission to make it so that everyone can code, and motivated to do your best work at Sourcegraph while also supporting your direct team to do their best work, too.
- You have served as leader to a team of 5-8 people before.
- You have relevant experience navigating a hyper-growth environment where things can change as often as daily.
- You have examples of leading cross-functional teams through important change.
- You have examples of handling customer-driven escalations with grace and in a way that empowers your direct team, allowing them to learn through the experience.
- You have relevant experience that will let you quickly understand our product, deployment details, and troubleshooting strategies to be able to guide your direct team with specific issues customers bring to them for help.
- Your working hours overlap with 8am-4pm PT for at least 2-3 hours per week so we have time to collaborate synchronously when necessary.