About Customer Support Role
Think of a seamless way to manage every aspect of your business as an entrepreneur and you get Prospa. Prospa is bridging the gap between underserved microbusinesses and access to banking services. They’ve been tagged a Neobank for small businesses and have built an ecosystem that supports business owners beyond banking, their platform also has inventory management, employee and vendor management, an e-commerce store, and payroll features.
About The Role
Prospa is looking to hire a creative Customer Service Officer to join their versatile team and help achieve their members' objectives. As a Customer Service Officer, you will be tasked with implementing, supporting, and managing all member accounts and query activities as well as collaborating with other departments to contribute to the overall success of the Organization. A great team member provides thousands of entrepreneurs with the knowledge, bravery, and tools they need to bring their ideas to reality, push the boundaries of their operation, and evolve with market changes. They’re grooming a committed team of eloquent, curious, and empathetic professionals who possess an in-depth understanding and technical know-how of business values in order to solve issues members face through the Onboarding Funnel.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Check-in on member onboarding journey to identify blockages to approve the member.
- Approach issue members face with a perception of eliminating such issues in the corresponding channel (Call, Chat). (Essential)
- Liaise with respective teams, and partners to ensure all member’s requests, open transactions, complaints are managed through an effective resolution process using slack.
- Ensure members are enabled to complete the sign-up process.
- Effectively provide product information/demonstration to prospective and new members and when requested.
- Attend all training sessions (Essential).
- Gather product feedback and communicate to relevant stakeholders.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will facilitate the relationship between Prospa and their customers by answering customers’ questions and addressing their concerns. You should also know when to refer advanced issues to members of the management team.
The Biggest Problem-Solving Duties On the Job
As the Customer Service Representative, you should have a sound knowledge of their product so as to be able to suggest a solution to the customers. You should also be able to remain calm when customers are frustrated, and effectively manage the situation.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 2+ years of work experience in a fast-paced environment in sales and business development teams preferably in banking, fintech.
- Problem solver, perfect written and spoken communication
- Analytical profile with experience in customer service, telemarketing, customer experience.
- Joy in building things from scratch, if something needs to get done you are reliable to provide solutions.
- Comfort in ambiguity, you seek adventure and an accelerated career path.
- Ready to get your hands dirty, because you will have to “roll up your sleeves”!
- Willingness to work weekends, occasional holidays, and outside of standard 9-5 business hours
- Fluency in English and other Nigerian languages.
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
- You are expected to be punctual, Deliver your work within the stipulated requirement for your role consistently. You shouldn’t miss deadlines or do things late.
- You are required to maintain professional competency in confidentiality and work ethics especially in data and information security.
- Keen attention to detail is expected from you when dealing with member information to avoid legal consequences, breach in policy, and communicating the wrong information.
- You are expected to attend to all members assigned to you.
- You are expected to adopt a creative approach to problem-solving as expected in a startup environment, certain tasks are not entirely spelled out but it’s expected you take initiative in completing these tasks.
- All calls must be handled with courtesy, professionalism and the highest quality expected of a Prospa representative.
- All call scripts must be adhered to, and all calls must be handled promptly applying the mandatory call.
- You are expected to make a minimum of 100 calls per day.
- You are expected to respond to members via channels assigned to you.
- All chats are expected to meet the Prospa required standard, and chat etiquette must be followed.
- All chats must be acknowledged within 5 minutes and all queries must be solved immediately (where partners are not involved).
- All available macros and provided replies relating to the respective chat must be applied.
- All chats must be handled with courtesy, professionalism, and the highest quality expected of a Prospa representative.
- You are expected to preview Members' accounts and Notes associated with those accounts to understand logged information about members.
Reports & Meetings
- You are also required to provide the relevant information of your work in proper detail during Stand-ups
What do you stand to gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary