About the Customer Care Representative Role.
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of "pay-as-you-go" energy for off-grid customers. The company was founded in 2011 by former executives behind M-PESA (the world's leading mobile payment platform) on the belief that mobile technology could revolutionize energy services in emerging markets the same way it has already revolutionized the delivery of communications and financial services.
- Respond to customer queries on calls both inbound, outbound, and on tasks.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
- Keep records of customer interactions, and provide accurate, valid, and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Ability to work from home independently and be able to do basic troubleshooting of own internet connectivity and tools
- Basic know-how on how to connect remotely to online meeting channels using tools such as Teams, Zoom, Skype etc
- High level of discipline and time management
- Pro-active in seeking help from team leader to address any challenges
- Ability to multitask and ensure that key deliverables are not compromised by the work from home environment
Experience/Skills & Competencies/Education Required
The successful candidate must demonstrate a customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters. Specific Qualifications includes:
- At least a College Diploma
- At least 1-year in the Customer Service department
- Have access to and ability to use Microsoft tools such as Teams, Excel, Word etc
- Computer literate
- Analytical skills are an added advantage
Required education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 12 months
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)