About The Creative Designer Role
The Creative Designer role includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing, and creating graphics including social media creatives, illustrations, brochures, flyers, logos, and layouts. Your creatives should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters and creative director to produce a final design
- Amend designs after feedback
- Creating and delivering graphics and motion graphics for various media
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Working with art and creative teams to select audio, video, colors, animation,etc. for graphic design
- Editing video footage and adding effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
- Prepare design plan, concept and layout for motion graphic projects
- Create and deliver motion graphics for various media such as web, mobile, etc.
- Assist in designing and creating storyboards
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas
- Maintain and follow best practices for version control, naming conventions and organization of graphic files
- Stay up to date on the latest motion design styles and technique
- Creativity: The Creative Designer must have the ability to come up with new ideas, innovative designs, and tap into your creative resources. Having a great visual eye, accuracy, and attention to detail are also essential. A never-ending desire to learn new techniques and technology to advance your craft. The Creative Designer must be very comfortable with traditional paper sketching of objects and characters.
- Technical skills: Experience using technology is a basic tenet of creative design. Knowing how to use Adobe's creative software—specifically Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop is a base requirement and common motion graphics design software
- Teamwork skills: You must be able to collaborate and get along with other creatives in the design team.
- Belief: You believe in the company and its mission, in yourself and your ability to get the job done, and in your teammates and the sincerity of their intentions.
- Ownership: You are dependable. You will do what is required, not what is requested. You see gaps and you continually work to ensure they do not impact the outcomes of your deliverables.
- Time management skills: You'll often find that you're juggling several projects almost simultaneously.
- Superb visual and conceptual skills to solve problems and create novel solutions
- You have a keen eye for design and aesthetics
- You are organized and can prioritise effectively
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can clearly articulate your ideas
- You are a strong team player who can collaborate effectively with different creatives
- 3+ years of motion graphics experience
- Proficiency in Adobe CC – Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, and Premier.
- Proficient in 2D & 3D design, animation, and compositing, a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in storytelling, composition, texture, color, and animation.
- Experience creating brand identity through creative motion design.
- Experience in layout and animation of typography.
- A desire to learn and share new techniques and tools.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt techniques and tools in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and able to articulate ideas in a clear and concise manner
*Must have a portfolio/reel highlighting your range and quality of professional creative work to be considered for this position*