About Content Writer
In your role, you'll work closely with our Content Lead, Editorial Leads, and Editors to produce in-depth, top-one-percent-quality content covering a vast range of topics, fromClimate Tech, Angel Investing, and Education to Longevity.
Who you are:
- You are a great writer and storyteller with an eye for detail and who can learn complex topics *fast.*
- You have portfolio pieces that show experience with the above.
- You are familiar with the Tech World and its different sectors.
- You are a proactive, effective communicator, and excited about working alongside a diverse, distributed team.
What you will do:
- You'll write content for On Deck Journal, On Deck Stories, or one of our other content verticals. We'll match you with the work that best fits your particular skills and preferences as a writer.
- While we don't have a word count requirement, most of our pieces fall between 2000 words (Case Studies) and 5000 words (On Deck Journal).
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Founders Fund, Village Global, Keith Rabois, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. ( Read more about our Series A in this memo)
Why you might * not* be excited about us:
- We're still a fairly small team with about 150 people (company-wide), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early-stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
- This is not an hourly job. Instead, we pay a flat rate per article. The rate varies depending on the type of content you write for us, its complexity, and length.
- We're looking for long-term relationships with writers.
- You can write as much or as little as you wish. Some writers choose to write 1 article per month for us, while others do enough to equate to a full work week.
- This role comes with no benefits. ****
Our entire team works remotely, and we are excited about candidates globally.
You would start as soon as possible.