Tech Matters is looking to add an Associate Solutions Engineer to our growing Aselo team. We are looking for a technologist who will own and manage Aselo implementations and launches, with a particular focus on helpline training and change management strategy. You will be responsible for defining and managing customized client configurations, deployment and monitoring of new implementations, and coordinating implementation milestones with both internal and external stakeholders with varying levels of software knowledge. Aselo implementations involve working very closely with our helpline partners, and in this role you will help develop and maintain strong collaborations with our diverse group of partners as we work together to understand how Aselo can improve their service capacity. You will play a significant role in expanding the use of Aselo to enable counselors around the world to deliver better and more efficient support for people in crisis, with the goal of tripling the number of people assisted worldwide to over 100 million by 2025.
In this role you will:
· Above all, contribute to the mission of Aselo where most needed with problem solving, collaborating with team members, a willingness to figure out new challenges, and a desire to make an impact.
· Manage simultaneous new helpline implementations, owning communication, preparation, and launch timelines with various client and funding stakeholders.
· Work closely with fellow solutions engineers, product managers, and software engineers to configure helpline customizations and coordinate customization deploys in line with project timelines.
· Coordinate and lead efforts to improve our Aselo training materials, facilitate helpline training sessions (virtual and/or in-person) and facilitate change management strategies for helpline staff during and after Aselo implementations.
· Design and facilitate feedback collection from current clients through different user testing methodologies to help inform product development and design gaps.
· Exemplify good project management practices: planning and scoping timelines and cross-functional team responsibilities, defining milestones and deliverables, and evaluating project success and room for improvement.
· At least two years of client-facing implementation and/or operations experience. Experience in tech-for-good startups is a plus.
· Effective at working side by side with engineering, product, and client teams. Able to engage in assertive management of the wide range of stakeholders and actors involved in a new implementation. Able to negotiate a good balance between new implementation delivery and reliability maintenance for existing implementations.
· Experience with developing training content (multi-language a plus) and leading software training for non-technical users.
· Experience working with clients to navigate organizational change management challenges in adopting new software to update existing operating procedures and workflows.
· Ability to write with great simplicity and clarity, both for technical and non-technical audiences. This includes communicating requirement specifications, configuration management, and training.
· Strong verbal communication skills. Ability to manage day-to-day communication and support our helpline partners with empathy and a user-first approach.
· Enough technical ability to troubleshoot customer issues and have high-level integration conversations with engineers and external technical service providers. Basic coding ability such as writing small data analysis scripts or making API calls is a plus.
· A personal belief in the mission of Tech Matters.
The position is entirely remote, though you can expect frequent travel for in-person team events and customer visits, as long as such travel can be conducted safely. We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that spans from the U.S. West Coast to South Africa. We are looking for a candidate based in Europe/Africa time zones.
We’d be particularly delighted to hire someone who:
· Has experience with contact center solutions and telecommunications
· Has experience with software as a service implementations in the social sector
· Can speak, read, and write languages other than English
· Has a demonstrated interest in doing social impact work, shown by previous volunteer or work experience
You should apply
Our users come from all kinds of communities, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organization stronger in delivering social impact. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people and people with disabilities.
We know there are great candidates who might not check all of these boxes or who possess important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
An important part of every application is a cover letter describing why this position and our mission particularly resonated with you.