About the Andriod Developer role
They are looking to hire an Android Developer whose primary focus will be the development of android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Improve the stability of the app by ensuring that unit tests are robust, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Manage and resolve bugs issues faced by users
- Implement various business requirements and improve app features to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Revamp app to enhance performance
- Own functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Desired Technical Skills
- Strong experience in Android and working with Kotlin
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Working knowledge of mobile architectures like MVVM and Clean Architecture
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Demonstrated experience producing structured, readable and testable code
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code
- Ability in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
- Jira and Agile methodologies (like Scrum and Kanban)
- Familiarity with SOLID principles and Clean Code
Desired Personal Skills
- Critical thought, analytical thinking and good communication skills
- Capacity to work with members of the team working in different countries
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Great attention to detail and a results-driven approach
- Willing to go above and beyond; we would like someone who wants everything under control and wants to try all the different possibilities that can happen
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing. You enjoy reviewing others' code and sharing your knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Empathy, respect and a big sense of humour; we are people before engineers
- English communication skills
- Remote working
- Be part of a passionate team that is changing the mobility landscape in Africa and it’s improving millions of lives
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced team.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free SafeBoda transport & lunch if you are based in Nairobi, Kampala or Ibadan